A Guide To A Stylish Plus Size Life

February 04, 2014

Three Times the Charm...

Shirt- Talbots, Look 1: Jeans & Jacket(Similar)-Forever 21, Necklace-Old; Look 2: Skirt-Forever 21, Shoes-Khol's(old), Tights-Ashley Stewart; Look 3: Pants-Forever 21, Shoes-Steve Madden(sold out)

There are few good things that come from being stuck inside during a snow storm, sleeping late, catching up on my reading and playing dress up in my closet rank high atop the list for me. In gathering inspiration I ran across a piece on Leaftv on styling a sequin shirt 4 ways. I recently purchased a similar sequins shirt and I wanted to challenge myself to find at least three different ways to wear it. I have a new rule that if I can't wear it at least three ways I shouldn't purchase it.

Look number one consists of my trusty leather jacket, sequin shirt, my beloved boyfriend jeans and a classic pair of black pumps. The second look is a more classic look, I paired the sequins shirt with opaque tights, a skater skirt and neon pink shoes. For my third look I wanted to do a complete wild card so I paired my sequins top with a pair of floral pants and nude pumps. With each look I was able to recreate the shirt giving it a different feel for daily wear. 

If you’ve never spent any time playing in your closet don't wait for a snow day to do so! Pick a day when you have extra time and go for it! Here's just a little advice on what to do: 
  • Drink a glass of wine or simply make sure you’re relaxed.
  • Start simple and pick out one item in your wardrobe and search for inspiration on how to style this item (Pinterest, Instagram, blogs and magazines work best for me).
  • Find out how many pieces you have that work with this item. Try them on and make sure you are satisfied with your looks. 
  • Move on to another item and repeat the process.

Do you ever play in your closet? What's the best time for you? What's the worst time? 

Thanks for reading! 

J
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love how you styled this top. Gorgeous honey ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style, chica! My favorite look is the "Dinner & Drinks"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Dinner & Drinks was my favorite as well, although the wildcard was a close second!

      Delete
  3. Your explanation is organized very easy to understand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a great piece you write in the article, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel very glad to find your informative blog. Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to say Appreciate providing these details

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers! Thanks a lot for sharing this post. I love this post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am amazed by the way you have explained things in this article.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig