A Guide To A Stylish Plus Size Life

August 20, 2014

30plusstyle: Trending, Dress Over Pants


Dress City Chic-here and here, Pants-Talbots, Shoes-Khol's,









It’s time for another edition of #30plusstyle and this time we are discussing “Trending, Dresses over Pants”. This time around was a complete and total challenge for me. Though I am not one to shy away from trends, I fully believe that some things are better left for either celebrities or editorial pieces. Pairing a dress with pants is definitely one of those trends that I would never try on my own.  Actually that’s not entirely true, in middle school I used to wear baby doll dresses over bell bottoms all the time. I cringe when I look back at pictures to this day and ask my Mom why she didn’t put a stop to my madness.
  
I went around and around on this look and took several pictures but nothing quite felt like me. I didn’t know why I couldn’t get it together with this challenge, and then I came to the conclusion that it didn’t fit into my personal aesthetic. Year after year we are bombarded by so many new trends to try, that it’s hard to be okay with one not fitting into your personal style.  I often feel less fashionable or like a fuddy-duddy when I don’t understand or want to try a trend.  Despite my personal feelings about this I knew the show must go own and I had to find a way to create a look that was indicative of my personal style and that made me happy. 

After many tries I paired my versatile City Chic dress with a pair of skinny pants and my all-time favorite neon pumps! Finally I was happy with this look and thought I could rock this out one night or too dinner with friends!So what do you guys think of skirts or dresses over pants? I know Beyoncé was recently seen in them but does that change your feelings?

This challenge we have a guest blogger Els from XLfashionfile!!! We are looking for guest bloggers to join us on a future 30plusstyle post, for consideration contact us at 30plusstylecollab@gmail.com and be sure to include your blog's URL.

Head over to check out the rest of the ladies take on #30plustyle: Trending: Dress over Pants” and check out our facebook page for more #30PlusStyle Inspiration www.facebook.com/30plusstyle

SHARE:

24 comments

  1. I think you nailed it!!!! Somehow I don't think it would work for me but I love the dress over pants trend. Blogger PocketsandBows did an amazing rendition of it sometime last Fall. Also, why have I been stalking that same City Chic dress??!!! You make me want to take the plunge so BAD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you V!!! I so appreciate it! I didn't think this look would work for me but I had to search long and hard to find the aesthetic that appealed to me! You should buy it, especially since it's on sale!

      Delete
  2. Once again you murdered it!!!! Shout out to all the #30plusstyle bloggers, but I must admit yours was my fave, especially for a night out. I think you've inspired me to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Coco! I appreciate that! The ladies did a great job of showing their style this time around! So glad I could inspire you!

      Delete
  3. This certainly pushed you out your comfort zone but it turned out great anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Delilah!!! It def pushed me out of my comfort zone!

      Delete
  4. You look Great and inspire us to try some of these trends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. always good to branch out and try something new and you owned this look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is. It definitely took this too remind me! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  6. I honestly think you can rock anything Jeniese. You really made this challenge look easy peasy.
    But just like you, this trend is no going in my style file. Good I tried it though, makes me more daring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOL! I so can not Nefferth! But thank you so much for your kind words! Nope it is definitely will not be adding it too my style file, but I agree I am glad I tried it!

      Delete
  7. You look amazing !!
    I love that you styles are always different !!
    wish you a lovely day!!
    caterina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you Megabambi!!! That is so sweet! Thank you for reading and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  8. This look is FANTASTIC on you Jeniese!!! I love the pumps you paired with the dress, and the perfection of your backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joi!!! Girl this was a tough one, but I made it work!

      Delete
  9. I love this look! The skinny pants & neon pumps make it look sleek and chic, while the asymmetrical hem is the perfect balance! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer! I appreciate you reading and commenting!

      Delete
  10. its been long since i saw a post that's so educative and informational. i will make sure to share this my facebook group. you can also view contents on our websites below.

    French Bulldog Puppies For Sale

    French Bulldog Breeders

     French Bulldog Puppies For Sale Near Me

    French Bulldog Puppies For adoption

    French Bulldog Puppies


    Blue French Bulldog Puppies

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's so refreshing to see a post that talks straight to the point. thanks so much for writing about this it has really helped me with building my experience. thanks a lot



    siberian husky puppies for sale near me
    Siberian Husky puppies
    Siberian Husky puppies for adoption
      Siberian Husky puppies breeders near me  

      white Siberian Husky puppies  

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig