A Guide To A Stylish Plus Size Life

June 30, 2015

Easy Saturday in Turban and Maxi Dress




Scarf-HM, Dress-Forever21(soldout), Necklace-Forever21, Sunnies-Celine, Sandals-Old Navy





Saturday’s in the summertime can go from 0 to 100 real quick. My days and nights end up running together with me never knowing what’s going to happen. I am a sucker for a good brunch, browsing a book store, wandering through downtown and having cocktails. Lots of cocktails might I add. Whenever I suspect I am going to get caught up on a Saturday. My goal is to be cute, comfortable and ready for all of the possibilities.

A few years ago my Girlfriend Nicki gave me this scarf from HM, I love the bright colors and the butterflies. I have worn it from everything from a sarong to a purse decoration. I turned it into a turban and paired it with this chiffon dress from Forever 21, which is currently sold out online (Sorry). I loved the boho vibe of this look and how comfortable it was to navigate from daytime to nighttime with the quick change of a shoe.

Fashion Facts: I haven’t worn my hair in a turban in years. I was feeling whimsical and decided to try something new. A few people discussed their apprehension to do so for fear of looking crazy. Here are my tips for rocking a turban. Always use a bold scarf, the bolder the better! Don’t shy away from exotic prints for darker colors. Find a bright colored lipstick to compliment the colors you are wearing. Pile on the jewelry. Don’t forget own the look! Check out this great video from Chastity Garner on how to tie your turban. I used it when I was tying mine.

Anyone else find their daytime getting away from them on the weekends so you get dressed for your entire day? Share your tips with me.

Thank you for reading,

J
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig