A Guide To A Stylish Plus Size Life

October 15, 2015

Bold Prints and Bad Days...




Sweater-Old(Similar), Skirt-Custom, Shoes-Old(Similar),













September was a craptastic month y'all. I was horribly sick for a while (hello vertigo) and unexpected tragedy hit my family towards the end of the month. My beloved Aunt Bea-Bea passed away at the end of the month and I haven't quite recovered. My heart is sad and misses her greatly. Her laughter and sense of humor are unparalleled. Aunt Bea was one of my biggest supports in blogging. And spent most of August telling anyone who would listen that her niece was on the cover of a magazine. My Mom reminded me how proud she was of me and what I was doing with my blog, so I decided I needed to get back in the swing of things.

Earlier in the month before things changed, I had the amazing Mo Handahu of Miss Lion Hunter make me a houndstooth midi skirt. Constantly impressed by Mo's talent, I was blown away by this skirt. The houndstooth is so artsy and different than anyone that I have seen before! It will definitely be in heavy rotation this season.  If you haven't checked out her Etsy shop then you are missing out!

Needing a little whimsy in my life I paired this skirt with my wide stripe crop sweater. Normally I stick to pairing one large print with one bold print, but I decided to try two different bold prints in one look. Surprisingly it turned out great!

Would you try two bold prints together? Or are you still staying away from mixed prints?

Thank you for reading!!!

J


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig