|T-Shirt, Skirt, Bag, Shoes-old(similar),Sunnies|
Smell that? Ahhh spring is in the air. So are new fashion trends, lighter layers and brighter colors. It's normally around this time of year that I have a mini crisis about what I should and shouldn't be wearing.
I don't know whether I should go with sandals or closed toe shoes? What type of jacket do I need? What length of sleeve is appropriate? You get my drift? So how do you navigate around the impending change of seasons? Here a few of my rules on how to ease into dressing for spring:
1. Pay attention to the forecast: Three to five consecutive days of spring weather can constitute for you changing up your shoe game and leaving those heavy jackets at home.
2. Layer, Layer, Layer: Dressing in comfortable layers makes it easy to shed one layer or add one layer just in case you underestimated temperatures.
3. Invest in a great medium weight jacket: Trench coats, denim jackets, anoraks, even army green jackets make the perfect transitional item for the season.
4. More brights please: Embrace more color and ditch the winter shades that we've grown to love over the past season.
5. Trust your instincts: 9 times out of 10 you know when something you are wearing is seasonally appropriate or not. Don't let the opinions of other get in the way!
I hope these tips help! What are some of the tips you use to navigate your closet through the change of seasons?
Thank you for reading,