A Guide To A Stylish Plus Size Life

August 06, 2015

See Jane Write Bloganista Mini-Con Recap

Jennifer Dome King of Stellar Fashion and Fitness and I



 
Javacia Harris Bowser of See Jane Write and Chanda Temple of Chanda Temple Writes



Christina of PinkLux and I



Eunice Elliot, Heather of My Life Well Loved , Javacia and Jennifer during their panel.

Dress-C/O Eloquii and shoes Aldo (Old)




This weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to speak at the See Jane Write Bloganista Mini-Con, here in Birmingham.I was asked to share my experience blogging and I decided to talk about the ups and downs that come with blogging. We hear a lot about why blogging is great, but not much about the downside of blogging. I wanted to give a honest account of my experience as a blogger and what it takes for me to run this little piece of the internet.

It was such an amazing experience sharing my thoughts and what I had been through over the past few years with those who attended this conference. Although I was there as a speaker, I learned so much from the other panelist! Here were my most important lessons that I learned:

1. Be consistent
2. Take yourself seriously
3. You are your brand, act accordingly
4. You can never stop learning
5. Don't be afraid to be a niche blogger
6. Build your tribe, you should be alone in blogging
7. Work together, there are an unlimited amount of projects you can develop with a team creative people around you
8. Learn from others
9. Everyone needs a media kit
10. Remember why you started blogging

A little known fact that I revealed during my speech was that one of my goals this year was to speak at this years Mini-Con! The thrill of accomplishing goals will never get old to me! Thank you to Javacia Bowser for being a huge force in our blogging community! You constantly bring us together and push us to be better! I am already looking forward to next year's conference.

Thanks for reading,

J
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig