A Guide To A Stylish Plus Size Life

May 14, 2015

Inspired By... The Culotte Edition...




Shirt-Asos Curve, Culottes-Simply Be, Bag-Saturday(old)(Similar), Shoes-ShoeDazzle(old)(love these), Sunnies-Celine, Necklace-Bauble Bar




I fell head over hills with this look that Margaret Zhang rocked, way before culottes where a thing. Of course I had to bid my time waiting for the perfect pieces to come available on the plus-size market. Now that culottes are a thing, I searched long and hard for the perfect pair of cream culottes. They are such a light and breezy blend of perfection. I paired it with this green shirt from Asos to give me the look of my dreams. There is no better feeling than when a look comes together.

I know that this look is baggy, unfitted and slightly shapeless. I am also aware that culottes might be intimidating for some and that they are a trend that most people will avoid, but I love taking fashion risk. Fat girls can take fashion risk! We don’t have to play it safe and go with looks that people deem flattering! We can wear whatever we like, and we shouldn’t be afraid of what other people are saying. If I never hear the term “does this make me look fat again” it won’t be too soon.

That being said, I don’t think there is anything wrong with interpreting trends to work for your style aesthetic. The key is finding a style interpretation that makes you both confident and comfortable. Adding these snakeskin sandals and gold bib necklace made this look totally me.

Do you y’all ever try style interpretations? How do you make the looks more you?

J

P.S. Ohhh and to everyone who has been voting for me in Redbook Magazine’s “Real Women, Real Style Awards” I appreciate it! You can continue to vote for me here daily until May 22. You can vote from every electronic device that you have that has internet access! If I win I will be on the COVER of the September issue.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig