A Guide To A Stylish Plus Size Life

July 12, 2018

40 Before 40








Dress | Shoes | Bag | Head Wrap | Sunnies


Today is my 39th Birthday and as always I find myself being extremely reflective as I celebrate another year on Earth.  If I'm can be honest, I'm in no way, shape or form where I thought I would be at this age. Yet at the same time, I regret nothing. If I never made the decisions I made I would never be the person I am today. And I have fallen in love this this incredibly flawed creature that I am

Over the past few weeks I've received so many hidden and not so hidden messages about manifesting the things you want in your life. I listened to pod cast and sermons on creating list to put your desires into the universe, and understanding that you are equipped you need to be successful. Its as almost as if the universe was conspiring to help me come to a few conclusions and to stop dragging my feet on key decisions that I've been avoiding like the plague. Often times I find myself getting anxious over making the right decisions, getting lost in the what could go wrong that I forget to just do it!

So as I prepare to make my 40th trip around the sun, I decided to create a list of 40 things I want to do before I turn 40. Cliche I know, but it was incredibly important for me to put somethings into the universe. Things that I have been scared to act on, things I forgot I wanted to do, things that I never thought I could accomplish. Is it entirely possible that I won't get these things done? Absolutely! It's also possible that I will do each and everyone of them!


  1. Take a solo vacation
  2. Decide where I want to live ( I have been dragging this one out)
  3. Embrace more change
  4. Be open to more possibilities 
  5. Spend Thanksgiving volunteering 
  6. Go skinny dipping (Sorry Mom)
  7. Go to Paris 
  8. Buy a Chanel Bag
  9. Exercise at least 3 days a week (consistently)
  10. Stop shying away from compliments
  11. Participate in a marathon (notice I said participate, not run)
  12. Take a spontaneous road trip
  13. Go to the Georgia Aquarium
  14. Invest in the stock market
  15. Start a book club
  16. learn how to put on false lashes
  17. Go on a date to the drive-in movies
  18. Learn how to cook more 
  19. Plan a trip to somewhere with snow
  20. Start meditating 
  21. Go camping/glamping
  22. Dye my hair (I haven't done that in years)
  23. Don't let money get in the way of taking leaps of faith
  24. Lead a Small Group at Church
  25. Increase my savings 
  26. Dust off my Spanish speaking skills
  27. Stop so much spontaneous spending on clothes
  28. Have a blogging/fashion event
  29. Get a second ear piercing (sorry again Mom)
  30. Go fishing 
  31. Write my business plan out
  32. Take my vitamins daily (this is a struggle)
  33. Rad 50 books this year 
  34. Host a dinner party
  35. Plant a garden
  36. See the Northern Lights (Hopefully in Iceland)
  37. Go on a spiritual retreat
  38. Learn how to play spades
  39. Be comfortable telling people no
  40. Buy myself a piece of jewelry (diamond preferably)
One of the joys of having a blog is the built in accountability you get from putting intentions into the Universe. I am grateful for those of you who join on this journey. For those of you who have helped me accomplish so much. I am blessed beyond measure.

Thank you for reading! You are appreciated! 

J
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Wow! I am turning 39 this year too. Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I'm not including in any of these things, which is FINE, but I will invite myself to go glamping. I can also teach you to put on falsies, though I hate them myself. And invite me to that damn dinner party! Oh, and on my 25th birthday I bought myself my gold nameplate—there's something special about buying yourself a luxe piece of jewelry. Happy birthday babe! I hope this is a blessed year for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea!! Love it!! I'll be turning 50 in December 2019 and think I'll listen at least 50 things I would love to accomplish. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, did I read #38 correctly? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig